Paying down your balance is closer than you think.
Earn up to $550 just for paying more than the minimum on time.
Lowering your balance makes good financial sense – and the Citi Payment Partner Program can help you achieve it. Call 1-800-961-4839 to enroll now, and Citi will reward you with a 20% statement credit on the amount you pay over the minimum due on time.
- Get rewarded with a statement credit for paying more than the minimum on time within the next 4 months.
- Save money through reduced interest charges and no late fees.
- Build good credit by reducing your balance and paying on time.
- Earnings will be credited to your account within 3 billing cycles after the offer period ends.
- Your account will be suspended until your statement credit is posted.
- Upon receiving your statement credit, your credit line will decrease by the total amount paid over the minimum, plus your statement credit.
So basically, credit card companies are giving you free money to reduce your credit limit. Unfortunately, this does not really help your credit score (unless you don't pay on time now) because your debt to income ratio and available credit ratio just went down. you want to be sure to have a respectable amount of available credit (not used) on your credit report and lowering your credit line reduces your amount of available credit. Not to mention that it in all likelihood shows on your CR as the lender reducing your credit line, rather than it being at your request - another ding.
How does this improve my credit rating again?